Enterprise Greece; «Human Rights in Business». Prosperity through Diversity International Virtual Conference
The Greek Government, as part of its Chairmanship of the Council of Europe, has set the protection of life, public health, and human rights at the top of its agenda.
V+O Greece encountered the challenge to create a hybrid event for Enterprise Greece, against the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, which would have strong international participation and would initiate an open discussion on current issues of Human Rights in the workplace, the critical role of businesses in promoting equal opportunities, as well as their impact in changing social attitudes and enhancing inclusiveness and diversity around the world. The primary goal of the Conference focused on the need to protect human rights in the workplace, emphasizing issues that concern the LGBTQI + community and untimely to set up an international working group to propose a comprehensive action plan
The Conference was originally set to be organized around the Thessaloniki EuroPride (June 2020). Due to social distancing measures imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference was decided to be held online, allowing limited time of preparation.
V+O designed the communication strategy and managed a seamless implementation of the project, as per the key following indicators of success:
- Place the Conference under the auspices of the Greek Presidency of the Council of Europe to enhance credibility
- Design a Conference Agenda that would highlight the main topics / key issues of the Conference, through 8 Keynote Speeches & Opening Remarks, as well as 3 multinational discussion panels
- Involve panel Moderators that have affinity, knowledge and special interest on the ‘’human rights in business’’ issue.
- Propose and involve a ‘’mix’’ of high-level participants; people with different business roles, authorities and expertise;
- Select speakers that would actively contribute to a discussion that could bring actual change in the business environment.
- Guarantee the participation of international, high-level politicians / governmental officials / policy makers, including the Greek and Norwegian PMs, as keynote speakers and panelists
- Ensure the participation of accredited Greek and international Moderators (Kathimerini, Bloomberg and Onassis Foundation)
- Coordinate, exclusively via an online platform, more than 33 speakers, in 13 discussion panels from all over the world.
- Design and manage a bilingual microsite, created especially for the Conference
- Spread communication awareness and handle publicity related to the Conference
- Less than a month to organize & complete all related actions
- 500 People from 32 countries registered through the microsite.
- Participants logged on from Greece, USA, France, UK, Belgium, Austria, Canada, The Netherlands
- Impressive attendance of 1.331 people during the 4hour live connection
- 1.827 Microsite users in 5 days
- 25.500 Page views
- Average duration of user attendance at 58.16 min.
- Age group attendance: 33,5% 25-34 y/o, 27,5% 18-24 y/o, 15,5% 35-44 y/o, 12,5% 45-54 y/o
- Οn the 1st Day of the Conference: 56.5% of users visited the microsite via direct channel medium (invitations), 21.1% came through So.Me. channels (Facebook & LinkedIn) and 17.5% via referral (banners, sites).
The specific Conference was distinguished for its PR excellence, with the Event Award 2020.